**UPDATED **17th MAY 2020**
Following the Governments decision to encourage a return to work we surveyed all of the Sort and Sparkle customers. The huge majority who responded have indicated a preference for a return to regular cleaning from June onwards and we will use this as a point at which we will review the situation.
A further selection of customers confirmed that they could meet our criteria of empty homes and would like to resume asap.
With this in mind we have decided to resume with a very scaled back team – commencing on Monday 18th May – cleaning only in empty properties (where customers are at work or can be away for the duration of the clean)
Although the Government have only specified 2m distancing as a requirement for domestic cleaners these are our intended safety measures:
- Initially the team will work solo and visit one property each per day (this will be reviewed over time)
- Sanitising hands before entering a property, once inside, and upon leaving.
- Disposable gloves to be worn at all times whilst inside the property.
- Masks to be worn before entering property and not to be taken off until back outside. (These will be re-useable masks but will only be worn inside one property before being washed at min. 60 degrees)
- Single use shoe covers to be worn inside all properties
- As always, all cloths and mop heads are used once before being removed and washed at min. 60 degrees at the end of each day
- Team members will not be emptying bins (this will be reviewed over time)
As well as following these guidelines:
- We have invested in a range of ‘professional’ grade cleaning products
- All staff have undertaken Covid-19 training courses
- We have purchased a range of PPE products for all staff members
We will be contacting our ‘existing’ customers on a regular basis to amend the schedule as circumstances change. In the meantime we are booking empty property ‘one offs’, end of tenancy, Air BnB turnarounds and office cleans.